Judah is singing. Well, chanting, really. But kind of singing. Tonight he was cracking me up. He's REALLY into trains right now (Thomas, actually) which will be his big Christmas present. So, Thomas the Train comes on TV on Sundays at 8am. Since that is prime getting-ready-for-church time, I DVR those suckers, and we watch them while I am getting everyone ready. The opening song is loooong, and...British. Which makes Judah's singing/chanting both impressive (because of all the words) and funny...because of the accent. So I put it on tonight, so I could prepare dinner. And Judah started singing. He knows, like ALL the words. I died laughing though, when he said some of the names. Thomas is like" Toe-mus" and Edward is "Ed-wud" like a British child would say them. Kevin and I used to joke that we were going to speak in a British accent for the first 5 years of our kids' lives, and then flip the switch and go back to normal--by then it will be too late for them and they would have the cutest little accents. And be from Tomball. But apparently that is not necessary. Just have them watching Thomas the Train and you're golden.
Canaan is so different from Judah. I mean, temperament-wise. Judah is testy, independent, confident. Classic first-born, or so I hear. Canaan, is sensitive and compliant. So weird. When I tell him no, and raise my voice, it's like his little heart breaks. His face crumples and he begins to wail, and scoots into my arms as quickly as possible for a reassuring hug. When Judah was the same age, I could tell him no and he'd just grin and go for whatever I had chastised him for again. And again. It is so amazing how their personalities are already forming from so young an age. What joy it is to raise children! Testy, compliant or otherwise. And seeing them in this light, knowing I didn't do anything to make Canaan sensitive and obedient, or Judah charismatic and stubborn, makes me all the more in awe of the God who knit them together in my womb. How fearfully and wonderfully are our children made!! And how dependent upon the Lord am I for His guidance in raising them for His glory.
No comments:
Post a Comment